Hidden Gem in Switzerland
Visitors no doubt come to Switzerland for the spectacular mountain scenery. Most tour information would have listed Interlaken as one of the places to visit in Switzerland. Bearing that, there are lots of people in the Interlaken area mostly up there in the resorts like Grindelwald, Wengen and Murren. The view from Jungfraujoch is breathtaking. The ski slopes so white and soft, so inviting for the skiers and snowboarders.
Let’s showcase a place in the Interlaken area most visitors don’t take the time to see : Beatenberg.
5 Reasons to be in Beatenberg
- Lesser crowd. If you want the ski slopes all to yourself, this is the place to go. Ski, snowboard and toboggan to your heart’s contend.
- Breathtaking mountain landscape. Endless mountain scenery – simply takes your breath away.
- Fog phenomena. Yup. Those fluffy looking white clouds is fog over the valley. It is a natural phenomena in Beatenberg.
- Winter hiking. The air is fresh, the scenery spectacular and the hiking trail easy. No guide needed.
- Fun for the whole family. Meet the dragon. This is not a tease. See the picture? Your children will love it here.
How to get here
By bus from Interlaken West train station. If staying in Interlaken East and there is no direct connection, hop on the bus or train to Interlaken West. The schedule is listed at the bus stop or train station.
You catch glimpses of Lake Thun as the bus climbs higher and the fog becomes more prominent above the valley. So high up on the mountains, the sky looks so blue, the snow glistens and it is so sunny!
Beatenberg – Switzerland’s hidden gem. I hope you get to see it.
Till next time, enjoy the pictures.