One of the main reason for visiting Switzerland is the beautiful mountains scenery. In winter, the snowy landscape takes on a special glow and everywhere here is simply spectacular. While many things have been said about famous winter resorts in Switzerland like Zermatt, Grindelwald, Venier and San Moritz, let’s focus on somewhere much overlooked – Saas Fee.
Saas Fee – The Pearl of the Alps – is located in the Valais region. 1800 metres above sea level and surrounded by 13 four thousand meter peaks around the village.
While it takes more effort to come here, by bus from Visp, the view along the way is simply worth your time.
The 5 reasons why you should be staying in Saas Fee for your winter holiday in Switzerland :
- The mountain tops are so close, it feels like you can almost touch them.
- Saas Fee is car free. Leave your cars at the car park. The only source of transportation within the village is the golf like car and train run by electricity.
- There is lesser crowd here compared to Zermatt. More space for you to run around. You can always go to Zermatt on a day trip. Yes , Zermatt and Saas Fee are both located in the Valais region and makes for a great day trip from one location to another.
- Beautiful chalet architechture. Looking so cosy and inviting.
- Spectacular winter landscape. With 22 lifts and 100km of prepared pistes, it is fun time for skiiers and snowboarders. There is also the 11 km long toboggan – fun for the whole family.