I have written plenty about New Zealand and in no way finish with that topic. I’ll circle to that topic at another time. But let’s focus on another country. After my trip to New Zealand, I immediately wanted to visit this country so much but it took five years later for reality to happen.
So what strong reasons can you give to visit Switzerland?
In no particular order, these are my personal reasons :
1. Mountains, mountain, mountains and more snow-capped mountains! The Swiss Alps are famous but there are also other well known mountains in this country. Winter here will be spectacular.
2. Lakes. How many lakes are there in Switzerland? According to Wikipedia, there are 16 lakes here with a surface area bigger than 10 km² – Lake Geneva (the largest), Lake Constance, Lake Neuchâtel, Lake Maggiore, Lake Lucerne, Lake Lugano, Lake Thun, Lake Biel, Lake Zug, Lake Brienz, Lake Walen, Lake Murten, Lake Sempach, Sihlsee, Lake Hallwil.
3. United Nations. There is an office here in Geneva. It would be cool to visit a place mention quite a bit in the News. Geneva – here we come.
4. Penknife. Why is the Swiss Penknife so expensive? Let’s find out.
5. Swatch. Ahh….I love those brightly colored watches. I have a few of those over the years. Quite a fashion trend.
6. Red Cross. As a school kid, I joined the Red Cross. The symbol of the Red Cross is the red flag of Switzerland. A little curious about history there.
7. Precise Travel Schedule. I have heard a lot about how the trains are always on time, as listed on time schedule at every train station. How true is that?
8. Charming chalets architecture. Looking at some magazines and movies, the chalets look so inviting and so very rustic. I want to stay in one!
9. Land of cable cars. Where there are mountains, there are cable cars. A good time now to overcome the fear of heights.
10. Topperone chocholat. You like chocholat? Yum, yum, my favourite snack. Always wondered why the chocolate is triangular shape? Check the photo below. That is the Matterhorn. See any similarity?
So, let’s go visit Switzerland!