Image via Wikipedia
No internet at work, so come home to this local news.
Around noon today local time, a Qantas A380 plan QF32 suffered engine trouble and returned to Singapore Changi Airport. There were reports of trailing smoke from a damaged engine and debris were found scattered in Batam, Indonesia. Thankfully the 26 crew and 433 passengers landed safely at the airport.
The plane left from Singapore and was heading to Sydney when the trouble began. Stranded passengers have been assured that meals and accommodation have been arranged and other alternatives for return flights to Sydney are urgently planned.
Meanwhile CEO Alan Joyce said that Qantas had suspended all its six Airbus A380 jetliners flight.
If you are unable to contact your family, relatives have been advised to call the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s (DFAT) 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on 02 6261 3305 or within Australia on 1300 555 135 (local call cost).
Source : Yahoo Fit to Post
I love making lists and I hope you enjoy reading them.
One of the main reason for visiting Switzerland is the beautiful mountains scenery. In winter, the snowy landscape takes on a special glow and everywhere here is simply spectacular. While many things have been said about famous winter resorts in Switzerland like Zermatt, Grindelwald, Venier and San Moritz, let’s focus on somewhere much overlooked – Saas Fee.
Saas Fee – The Pearl of the Alps – is located in the Valais region. 1800 metres above sea level and surrounded by 13 four thousand meter peaks around the village.
While it takes more effort to come here, by bus from Visp, the view along the way is simply worth your time.
The 5 reasons why you should be staying in Saas Fee for your winter holiday in Switzerland :
- The mountain tops are so close, it feels like you can almost touch them.
- Saas Fee is car free. Leave your cars at the car park. The only source of transportation within the village is the golf like car and train run by electricity.
- There is lesser crowd here compared to Zermatt. More space for you to run around. You can always go to Zermatt on a day trip. Yes , Zermatt and Saas Fee are both located in the Valais region and makes for a great day trip from one location to another.
- Beautiful chalet architechture. Looking so cosy and inviting.
- Spectacular winter landscape. With 22 lifts and 100km of prepared pistes, it is fun time for skiiers and snowboarders. There is also the 11 km long toboggan – fun for the whole family.
For more information, check here - Saas Fee and My Switzerland
Mountain top looking so near to touch
First look from bus terminal
Cozy chalet architecture